- What is dropshipping?
- Top 10 dropshipping websites
- Benefits of dropshipping
- Take a chance on dropshipping
Almost everyone you meet these days has shopped or made a transaction online, and this can be attributed to the availability of systems that facilitate the transfer of goods and services through online channels.
The major factor that has led to the rapid growth of the eCommerce sector is the increase in internet connectivity, which has resulted in more businesses moving online to catch up with the changing times.
The increase of e-commerce has also caused an increase in the forms of doing business online and among them is drop shipping which is an order fulfillment method where you will act as a link between the supplier and the customer.
Though relatively new, the dropshipping model of eCommerce is quickly gaining popularity amongst online businesses.
What is dropshipping?
Dropshipping is an order fulfillment method where a business obtains goods from a third party supplier who ships the products directly to the customer.
In dropshipping, a business will run without any stock by sourcing products directly from the supplier who then handles all the packaging and shipping processes.
It is common for people to assume that dropshipping is a get rich quick method of doing business since you do not require so much to start and run your business, this is far from the truth since a lot goes into the running of the business as you are responsible for linking the customer to the supplier and vice-versa.
This business needs a lot of prior research seeing that you will have to trust the supplier to handle the majority of processes in your business.
With almost 23% of all online sales being those that are done through dropshipping, the model of doing business is quickly gaining popularity across the world this can be attributed to the simplicity of the model and the ease of starting and running a store.
For manufacturers, dropshipping is a perfect way to sell goods without having to worry about reaching customers and so a lot of effort will be put in producing goods that can sell fast.
To be successful in dropshipping, you will first need to do thorough research to find out how the business can run successfully to make you profits.
The business model also uses various tools to run and you have to be aware of the best tools to use in your business.
Generally, the most common steps that you can use to start on dropshipping include:
- Select a niche– when starting, you may be presented with numerous options on the type of goods to sell, and you may decide to sell different types of goods but this is not always a good idea. Finding a niche helps you filter out the numerous options to find one that works best for you, and also makes it easier for you to run a successful business since you will most likely know more about a particular line of products that a whole selection of products.
- Find a supplier– in the dropshipping business model; the supplier is usually the heart of the business as they are responsible for almost all the operations that are needed to ensure the product reaches the customer. Finding a trustworthy and reliable supplier is important if you want to run a successful business.
- Set up your website– a website enables you to efficiently run a dropshipping business since all the transactions are made online. Having a website is important as most customers will be directly linked to suppliers through your platform. When starting, you can use the plug and play options available and later move to host your website once you are more established.
- Market your products– the whole dropshipping business revolves around marketing since you will only make a profit from the sale of items. Marketing is an important aspect of any successful business as the more the customers the more the sales.
- Establish a brand– the brand association is especially important to the younger generation of buyers, and since they are the ones buying the most, you may need to set up a brand that they can easily purchase.
Top 10 dropshipping websites
Nihaojewelry is China’s top dropshipping website that deals majorly in fashion jewelry and accessories.
The company also offers a selection of women’s clothing, shoes, handbags, swimwear, and creative products among others.
with no minimum orders and efficient shipping, Nihaojewelry is the perfect choice to start your dropshipping business from anywhere in the world.
Since Nihaojewelry is an OEM and ODM manufacturer for a variety of well-known businesses, you will be assured of quality goods at affordable prices. Should you encounter any challenges, the customer support service is readily available to ensure that your order goes through seamlessly.
Formed in 2010 from the parent company Alibaba, Aliexpress is an eCommerce website that hosts a variety of suppliers across China and Singapore and connects them to customers all around the world.
Since the website has a large variety of suppliers you can get a wide selection of products at affordable prices.
Aliexpress works with trusted dropshipping suppliers to ensure that you easily run your business, by making sure you get the best price on the products you choose for your business.
Established in 2005, Dealextreme or DX is an eCommerce website that offers over 1000 categories of products and 210,000 items.
DX offers the best prices on products and an attractive warranty of 90 days for defective products. In case of any problems, the customer care team is available 24/7 to ensure that you get the best experience when shopping.
DHgate is among the leading suppliers of quality and affordable consumer products.
With over 22 million product listings, DHgate allows you to have access to a variety of product choices at highly competitive prices.
DHgate works with some of the best shipping companies to facilitate efficient shipping across the world.
Made-in-china is a website that offers a variety of products from accessories, clothes, household items, and industrial supplies among others.
The website acts as a link between Chinese suppliers and global buyers by offering quality products at affordable prices.
The platform conducts reviews on suppliers to ensure that the customers get reliable services.
Bangood .com is a B2B eCommerce platform that allows customers from all over the world to access products from suppliers around China.
The website consists of reliable suppliers who undergo a rigorous selection process to ensure that the quality of products and services you get is the best.
The website also hosts a variety of the best shipping services to enable the efficient transfer of goods.
Founded in 2004 Chinavasion is among the best e-commerce platforms in China that offer convenient logistics and quality products that are sourced from a trusted pool of suppliers.
The website offers affordable prices on goods and professional customer care services to enable you to have a smooth shopping experience.
Light in the box
Lightinthebox.com offers a variety of products from three different categories that include apparel, home and garden, and accessories.
The products that are listed are affordable and of good quality.
The website also allows you to customize products for better customer experience.
Tmart is an online marketplace that offers a wide selection of consumer electronic products at attractive prices.
The website enables customers to get reliable services and quality goods for optimal customer satisfaction.
Wholeale7 is a website that deals with women and men’s clothing, shoes, and accessories.
The products offered are trendy and unique to ensure that you get maximum profit after sale.
The website offers a reliable customer care service that is necessary for a smooth shopping experience.
Benefits of dropshipping
Like all businesses, dropshipping has its negative and positive attributes and for anyone who is starting, you must research widely to ensure that you have all the necessary information you need.
Some of the benefits of dropshipping include:
- Low capital requirements– the dropshipping business is mostly run online and without having to purchase any stock making the cost of starting to be very low as compared to other businesses.
- Flexibility– since the business runs online; all you need is an internet connection. This means that you can run your business from anywhere in the world, with no limit on the number of hours you can work.
- Fewer risks involved– since you do not deal with inventory, the risk of a bad stock is greatly reduced as you will only sell the products that the customer requires.
- Wide geographical reach– the good thing about eCommerce is that with good marketing, you can easily expand your business to cover a wider customer base which translates to more profits.
Take a chance on dropshipping
If done right, dropshipping is a way to earn you a sustainable income, but this means that you will have to work towards making your business successful.
Though most of the work is done for you, your business will only be successful if you put in the time and effort.