- Selling jewelry online
- Other ways to make money online
- How to make money on Shopify jewelry stores
- Benefits of selling jewelry on Shopify
The world is constantly changing and more people are embracing the online shift that is currently taking place.
With more and more people being connected to the internet, various forms of making money online have come up and more people are looking to supplement their income by having multiple channels of making money.
Previously, earning money was restricted to the traditional offline channels but currently, the new generation is embracing the online space by finding different methods to connect to customers and employers this means therefore that the online space is becoming popular.
Since jewelry is gaining popularity all over the world, selling jewelry products online is one of the ways you can make money online.
Selling jewelry online
An eCommerce website is an online platform that allows you to buy and sell products online. With the increase in internet connectivity, most of the transactions are shifting from the traditional brick and mortar business to a more reliable online method.
Ecommerce is available all over the world as long there is access to the internet and a smartphone making it easy to have access to a larger customer base.
The pandemic that recently brought the whole world to a standstill, forced many businesses and individuals to change their perspective on how business is done.
Most countries imposed lockdowns which meant that people would only shop online for most items.
This has led to an increase in eCommerce, a model that is not going to slow down any time soon due to its convenience and ease of doing business.
The jewelry industry is one of those that has seen an increase in sales.
This can be attributed to the increase in popularity in jewelry among both men and women and the availability of wearable jewelry that makes it easy to incorporate jewelry into the day to day outfits.
Jewelry companies are also in the market to make affordable and trendy pieces that sell out fast to cope with the fast fashion industry that is currently in the market.
Except for the pieces that are bought for special purposes, jewelry is currently regarded as a part of fashion and no outfit is complete without a piece of jewelry.
The benefits of selling jewelry online include:
- Overcoming geographical barriers- since e-commerce is supported by the availability of internet access, you can sell and buy jewelry from anywhere in the world this makes it possible for customers to access products from a variety of online stores and the stores will have access to a larger customer base.
- Lower costs of doing business- the eCommerce business is cheaper to set up since you do not need to worry about having a warehouse for the stock. Some e-commerce models like dropshipping enable a business to run without having any inventory, making it easy and cheap for anyone to start a business anywhere in the world.
- Cost and time of travel are eliminated- since online businesses are conducted virtually, the cost of travel to the various physical stores is eliminated. A customer can have their products shipped to wherever they are.
- No closing time- online businesses run 24/7 and this enables people from any part of the world to purchase and sell products at any time.
- Easy to get access to customer data- the online platform allows businesses to gain access to customer data making it possible for businesses to track various purchases that are necessary when making business decisions.
- Availability of a niche market- the online platform allows businesses to provide clients with a specific product that they may need. This makes it possible for a business to niche down and sell a particular product all while having access to the specific market.
Other ways to make money online
There are several ways to make money online some of which require little to no capital.
The online platform allows people to perform transactions efficiently while still providing means by which one can get paid for providing goods and services.
The most common ways to make money online include:
Freelancing is a form of making money online where a person provides a skill at a specific rate.
Freelancing allows you to set your price depending on the agreement you have with the customer.
Various sites support freelance work by connecting the service providers to the customers.
Create a website
You can make money by hosting a website and having various ads visible to the people visiting your sites.
The website can include links to different online shops which will enable the visitors to purchase products.
When hosting a website the more the visitors the more the money you can make.
Affiliate marketing involves the marketing of products on various online channels through various links that you may use to promote a particular product that you are interested in.
When the visitors to your site purchase the products through the affiliate links, you will be able to earn a commission from every sale that is made.
Sell products on eCommerce platforms
The increase in popularity in e-commerce has led to the development of various websites that support online trading.
Such a website is Shopify which connects buyers to a variety of sellers and manufacturers.
The websites facilitate the sale of products by allowing customers to purchase products and have them shipped to their location.
How to make money on Shopify jewelry stores
Shopify is an online platform that enables the buying and selling of goods online by supporting purchases and transactions by the availability of payment systems, marketing tools, and shipping services.
Founded in 2004, Shopify hosts over 1million businesses in over 175 countries and offers services in multiple languages making it easy for people all over the world to access the services offered easily.
Since Shopify hosts various manufacturers and businesses, it is easy to join the platform by paying a monthly subscription of 29usd.
When starting, you are allowed a free trial period to test out if the platform will work for you and your business.
To successfully sell jewelry online there are various steps you can take these include:
Decide on a niche
Niching down is important as it will help you be focused on the type of products you will sell.
Having a niche will allow you to easily get access to suppliers and customers for your products.
Set up your online store
since Shopify will provide you with the platform to sell the products, you will need to set up your store with updated pictures of the products that you will be selling and their prices to enable the customer to easily purchase the products.
Identify shipping procedures
When you are setting up the online business, you will need to identify the shipping company you can use for your business to enable your customers to get a reliable shopping experience.
Shopify provides shipping options for businesses but this requires that you research the best one you can use.
Market your products
To be able to efficiently make sales, you will need to market your products. Marketing enables you to reach more customers and so you will need to put in extra effort to make sure your product information to reach more people.
Manage your stock
As a business, you need to ensure that you always have access to adequate stock for products.
Since the jewelry industry is mostly influenced by various trends, you will need to make sure that your stock is updated with the current trends to be able to make sales.
Benefits of selling jewelry on Shopify
Creating an online store is important for the success of any business.
When choosing a website that you will use for your business, you need to carefully study the various online platforms available to find the one which best works for your business.
Shopify is among the websites that are used to sell products online.
Some of the benefits of using Shopify include;
- The platform is easy to set up and use- Shopify offers steps on how you can set up your business online. The platform also offers a free trial period which you can use to gauge the success of your business when using the platform.
- Secure and reliable- since online transactions involve the sharing of personal information, there needs to be secure enough to ensure that the customer information is protected.
- Reliable marketing tools- Shopify offers various marketing tools that are necessary for the success of a business. Shopify provides various SEO features and market analysis to enable a business to set up efficient marketing structures.
- Efficient customer support- Shopify has reliable customer care support to ensure that the customers get help in case they need it which helps a business run efficiently.
The eCommerce platform is expanding and increasing in popularity.
Since most people are opting to perform transactions online, more systems are coming up that support this business model making it easy for a business to easily operate online.