Some people think sterling silver is only for earrings. Others think that it’s just a cheap alternative to white gold. In fact, sterling silver is used in every type of jewelry imaginable to create looks that can be both timeless and trendy.
Modern jewelry designers are flocking to this noble metal because it’s the perfect combination of malleability, beauty, and durability.
Caring for Silver Jewelry
Know how to care for silver jewelry is important. Properly care for silver jewelry will extend its service life. Next I will share some tips on caring for silver jewelry.
Cleaning Silver Jewelry
There are countless at-home methods for cleaning your silver jewelry. You’ve probably found yourself faced with endless options, wondering which are the best. Well, here’s the silver cleaning methods that our jewelers suggest for your at-home cleanings:
- Soap and water: This is our most recommended method because of the gentleness of soap and water. This should really be your first line of defense before trying anything else.
- Baking soda and water: If you come across suggestions to use toothpaste, we highly recommend you ignore that tip and use baking soda and water instead. When toothpastes were simple non-whitening, non-gel based pastes, they could be used on your jewelry. However, they include many more ingredients now that may damage your silver. Instead make a paste from baking soda and water, apply a small amount onto a cloth or tooth brush and scrub gently.
- White vinegar and baking soda: This gentle cleaning method is great for removing heavy tarnish. Soak your sterling silver in ½ cup of white vinegar and 2 table spoon of baking soda (combine these in the sink and prepare yourself for the fizzing and foam) for two to three hours. Rinse jewelry and pat dry.
- Finish with a polish: After you’ve given your jewelry a good cleaning, you can finish the process by using a polishing cloth that’s specifically for sterling silver.
You can repeat this process as often as needed. Remember, the key to keeping your sterling silver clean is to keep up with regular cleanings to remove tarnish as it builds. Your job becomes much more difficult if you let a piece accumulate a lot of tarnish and then try to remove it all at once.
Storing Sterling Silver
Proper storage of sterling silver jewelry and gift items goes a long way toward preserving its shine and preventing the oxidation that can cause dullness and discoloration. Below, we’ve compiled some quick tips for proper storage of fine silver:
- To prevent scratches, each piece should be stored individually in its own case, pouch, or compartment.
- Be sure store sterling silver in a dry, cool place. In hot climates, it should be kept in an air-conditioned room.
- Avoid keeping jewelry boxes in bathrooms, as the moist, warm air can compromise the brilliance of your sterling.
- For best results, keep your sterling silver jewelry in a case lined with tarnish-resistant material.
- If you’re planning on storing a sterling silver piece for an extended period of time, try sealing it in an airtight bag (plastic works fine) to protect it from oxidation and humidity.
If you want to know more about caring for jewelry, browse Important Tips to Help You Care for Your Jewelry.
Silver Jewelry Suppliers
JewelryBund is a professional business of manufacturing and selling jewelry accessories that offer thousands of jewelry products to customers around the world.
They are constantly researching the market and customer needs to point out the new fashion and trend of western and Korean jewelry accessories and relevant products.
Nihaojewelry has its own factory when you place your order on this site. It can arrange delivery to the first and this will save many costs and time. The quality of their silver jewelry is very reliable and they have special inspectors to control the quality of products.
Located in the UK, Mainlysilver is a company with 20 years of experience that ships worldwide but their estimated shipping time is between 3 and 5 working days. You can buy the many pieces you want but you need to spend at least £100.00.
They have a very large catalogue so you can choose freely. As a professional wholesale jewelry suppliers UK with years’ experience in fashion industry, they are offering a great place to buy silver jewelry.
Wholesale Clearance UK
Wholesale Clearance UK is a company with 13 years of experience as wholesale jewelry suppliers UK. Two of their advantages are that they ship worldwide and don’t ask for a specific minimum price of order. The minimum of items of your order depends on the product you’re buying, and the estimated shipping time will depend on where you are.
The Welman Group
The Welman Group are specialized jewelry wholesale suppliers in the USA, with 925 parts Sterling Silver jewelry being their sales item of choice. The Welman Group offer an exquisite range of rings with a particular emphasis on Celtic designs.
The Welman Group offers attractive prices of wholesale jewelry for any retailer that would like to utilize its stock of original jewelry items in their stores.
Kole Imports have over 30-years’ experience within the jewelry wholesale supplies sector. And it’s one of the well-known wholesale jewelry suppliers USA. Kole Imports website details a vast range of novelty jewelry products at an attractive price for potential retail partners.
High-end wholesale jewelry suppliers, Stuller, possess an inventory of jewelry items that would add style and luxury to any jewelry retailers range.
Other offers available include a massive 75% price reduction on a variety of black cobalt and titanium, diamond set rings and 50% off deals on engagement rings and wedding bands. A staple of all good jewelry outlets.
It is definitely possible to find the best silver jewelry, whether you are browsing online or stopping by stores on your next vacation. When buying silver jewelry, make sure you scrutinize the pieces for hallmarks indicating fine silver and stay away from deceivingly inexpensive prices.