At a press conference held by the World Health Organization on March 11, WHO Director-General Desai Tan announced that the new crown pneumonia epidemic has the characteristics of a global pandemic. This is the first global pandemic caused by the spread of a coronavirus.
The spread of the new coronavirus in 2019 has caused heart palpitation. This is a protracted battle, so today ’s article shares knowledge about mask protection. I hope it can help you.
About the COVID-19
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that causes illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease in 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person. Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
Different kinds of Masks and their Different Function.
Since the coronavirus outbreak in 2019 in China, face masks have gone from something you see with a dental hygienist to a commodity in high demand, despite the warning from health officials that the masks could do no more harm than good when work by healthy people.
However, a particular mask is necessary for certain people to wear as the novel coronavirus continues to spread.
Not all masks are made equal, though: Face mask-like N95 help contain virus particles from people with symptoms who must go out in public and help keep health workers safe from contracting the virus through particles released by mucus and cough sputum when they are around infected, people.
Below are different types of masks and which condition every mask is designed for.
Ordinary Mask (disposable)
Ordinary masks, also called face masks, are loose, disposable devices that form a physical barrier around the wearer’s mouth and nose to isolate potential contaminants from the surrounding environment.
In choosing a mask, whether it is necessary to wear a protective mask in different environments and scenarios, everyone also needs to know.
Suitable for the crowd：home activities, scattered residents, outdoor activists, workers in well-ventilated places, children, and students, etc. These environments will not cause large-scale virus transmission due to less human contact and better ventilation.
Time limitation: Replaced every 2 to 4 hours.
Surgical Mask (disposable)
These surgical masks are intended for surgeons because these products do an excellent job of keeping pathogens from the doctor’s nose and mouth from entering the surgical field. This masks can help protect wearers from getting others sick through their spit.
On the other hand, it does not protect the healthy people from acquiring an illness, and a loose fit leaves room from error. Therefore, sick people with COVID-19 should wear these types of masks.
Suitable for the crowd: Lower-risk environments include the public stranded in densely populated places, indoor working environments where people are relatively concentrated, the public visiting medical institutions, and children in childcare institutions and students who are concentrated in learning and activities.
Time limitation: Replaced every 2 to 4 hours.
Here is the link of buying surgical mask:
KN95/N95 Respirator (disposable)
A disposable N95 mask (respirator) is a safety device used to cover the nose and mouth and helps protect the wearer from breathing in some hazardous substances.
The N95 mask protects you from breathing in small particles in the air, such as dust and mould. It helps the health care workers from germs by blocking out at least 95% of small airborne particles if worn correctly.
Suitable for the crowd: KN95 is the classification of anti-particulate masks by the Chinese national standard, and it is the same as N95 in terms of protective effect. It is mainly recommended for medical personnel to conduct on-site surveys, sampling and testing, and the public can also use it in crowded places or closed public places.
Time limitation: Replaced every 2 to 4 hours.
Here is the link of buying N95 mask:
P100 Pespirator/ Germ Mask (reusable)
The P100 respirator masks are important in blocking 99.96% of oil-based particulates when properly worn. They can protect wearers from exposure to dust, fumes and hazardous mists. These masks protect of no use for COVID-19.
Full Face Respirator/Powered Air-purifying Respirator (reusable)
These masks offer protection against specific respiratory hazards with integrated head, eye and face protection that can help provide a respiratory, head, face, eye and hearing protection. This masks could be for people who have trouble breathing in a regular mask, as some are powered with an air.
Suitable for the crowd: Medical staff in emergency department, public health physicians who carry out epidemiological investigations with close contacts, environmental and biological sample detection personnel related to the epidemic, etc. These high-risk exposed personnel should wear full face masks.
Time Limitation: Can be worn multiple times after cleaning.
How to Properly Wear Masks?
The use of personal protective equipment such as face masks can reduce the spread of infection when used correctly and in the correct context.
The WHO recommends the face masks be used by people with acute respiratory infection to reduce the spread of infection to other people. If you are unwell or are a caregiver to people with coronavirus, it is recommended you use a face mask.
The facemask needs to be worn and removed correctly. They should fit well and cover your nose and mouth. Below are steps to ensure you were the mask well.
- wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- place over nose, mouth and chin.
- fit flexible nose piece over the nose bridge.
- secure on the head with ties or elastic.
- adjust to fit – secure on your head, fitting snugly around your face with no gaps.
- avoid touching or adjusting your mask during use.
Precautions When Wearing a Mask
- If you are going to general open-air public places without contact with patients, you can choose to wear medical surgical masks without over-protection. However, if you come into contact with a patient with a suspected respiratory infection, you’d better wear a N95 mask.
- You should wear a mask when visiting a patient at the hospital, especially when you go to the hospital’s fever clinic or respiratory department.
- In the high season of new coronavirus, it is recommended to wear a mask when going to supermarkets, shopping malls and other crowded places.
- To prevent spreading the disease to others, wear masks when you have symptoms of respiratory diseases such as fever, cough and runny nose.
- Pregnant women and the elderly wearing protective masks should pay attention to their own conditions and choose products with good comfort. Consult a professional physician before wearing.
- Children are at the stage of growth and development, and their faces are small. It is recommended to choose a child protective mask produced by a regular manufacturer.
If you can’t buy masks, you can prevent infection like this:
- Whether it is cough, sneeze, runny nose, be sure to cover it with paper and handkerchief. If nothing is available, cover it with your hands, and do not sneeze or cough at people.
- Keep one meter of distance between people, especially when talking face to face. Meetings should be avoided during the coronavirus as much as possible.
- People suspected of having new coronavirus should be quarantined early. Do not visit people suspected of having new coronavirus.
- During the high coronavirus situation, don’t make fun, try to avoid crowded places.
- Whether it is a work place or a home, keep the room constantly ventilated.
- Keep personal hygiene and wash your hands frequently. If fever, cough occurs, seek medical attention in time.
- Don’t spit.
Buying Masks Online
Due to the global spread of the virus, resources for protective equipment are strained. But buying masks online is a great option. Next I recommend to you several reliable websites where are selling protective equipment.
Focus on wholesale business for seven years, Nihaojewelry gets a great reputation with excellent after sales service and affordable price. You can buy masks here with no minimum order quantity. （https://www.nihaojewelry.com/wholesale/proteccin-antivirus）
Alibaba is a leading website in China, they cover all categories of goods. You also can buy masks here with great price.
Every one is familiar with this website. They also provide many kinds of protective equipment.
AliExpress is a cross-border e-commerce platform created by Alibaba for the international market. It uses international logistics channels to transport and ship goods. Diffrent kinds of masks are avaliable here.
eBay is one of the famous shopping website. Numerous suppliers on the site do not compromise the quality of their products. Most of masks that are sold here are available at a low price.
While we are not certain when the Coronavirus crisis is going to end, it is essential to keep safe and take all the precaution to ensure that we keep ourselves safe. Now the Coronavirus is better controlled in China, and everything goes well.
Forms abroad are now tense, but China will try its best to help people of all countries and let us work together to overcome this disease.
Moreover, Nihaojewelry has already resumed normal operation, and we have provided our services all the time. If you have any needs, just contact us.
Attach all links of Nihaojewelry’s protective equipment:
And shopping masks on Nihaojewelry now can get free surgical masks, so making order now!