2023 has crept up on us, and Valentine’s Day is the first major consumer holiday after the start of spring, which is crucial for e-commerce. According to surveys, Valentine’s Day is one of the highest sales holidays after Christmas, Back-to-School season and Mother’s Day, so don’t miss out on this holiday sales opportunity!
According to statista’s total expected Valentine’s Day spending in the United States from 2009 to 2022, although total spending in 2022 did not reach the 2020 figures, total spending by Americans on Valentine’s Day is still trending upward when comparing data from 2021 and previous years.
Three Valentine’s Day macro trends for 2023
- Consumers will continue to shop online, and compared to previous years, the level of online shopping among Valentine’s Day consumers will continue to increase, with nearly 1 / 2 people continuing to buy gifts online in 2023.
- Consumers increasingly value the emotional value that comes with the holiday. In addition to partners, people will also celebrate other important relationships in their lives on this day: family, friends, children’s classmates/teachers, co-workers, and even beloved pets are all on the list of Valentine’s Day gift-giving.
- There is a greater focus on spending time together. In the post-epidemic era, consumers are more focused than ever on spending quality time with their loved ones. Also, while price is a key factor, consumers are now paying more attention to product-related reviews and delivery times when choosing the perfect product.
Top categories/products for Valentine’s Day
In our previous article, we introduced 10 Valentine’s Day gift ideas For 2023. The jewelry, flowers, perfume and other categories will see a peak in demand in February.
Some popular categories and products for Valentine’s Day include:
- Flowers ( Forever roses and related dried flower products)
- Apparel (pajamas/loungewear)
- Home (custom mugs)
- Kitchenware/bakeware, scented candles, wine
- Accessories (jewelry/diamonds)
At the same time, we also found that it is not only “romantic love” that attracts attention on Valentine’s Day, but also “family”, “pets”, “children ” and “friends” are also good entry themes, with the number of searches for “gifts for family” and “gifts for children” increasing year by year.
There was also a high level of search inspiration related to men, with consumers looking for words and inspiration to buy gifts for “him” on Google, with almost three times as many searches as for gifts for “her”.
Valentine’s Day marketing strategy
1. Create a Valentine’s Day shopping atmosphere
You can create a Valentine’s Day atmosphere by adding a Valentine’s Day shopping page, replacing product images with Valentine’s Day elements, adding “Valentine’s Day” keywords to product titles, and replacing Valentine’s Day-themed banners on your website to stimulate consumers to shop.
2. Combine romantic story and brand
Valentine’s Day is a day that means romance, which means people are more likely to respond to emotional stories, so try to tell some emotional stories in your ads to enhance people’s feelings towards your brand. One thing to keep in mind, however, is not to simply tell the story, but to make sure that it has some connection to the product and highlights the product’s memory points.
3. Expand the Valentine’s Day audience
Valentine’s Day is not only a time to celebrate romantic love, but many consumers say they will shop for gifts for family, colleagues, classmates and even pets at this special time. Also, Galentine’s day on Feb. 13 is a worthy theme for Valentine’s Day. Sellers could target the friendship between girlfriends with their marketing campaigns.
4. Prepare for Valentine’s Day promotions
(1) Give free gifts
If you want to participate in the Valentine’s Day promotion without lowering your existing discounts and prices, you can attract consumers’ attention by giving them free gifts, such as chocolates, flowers, limited Valentine’s Day gift packages, or products from your website.
(2) Introduce Valentine’s Day limited blind boxes
Nowadays, blind boxes are on the rise and people are more and more interested in them. This is actually a form of bundled sales and one of the easiest ways to increase the average value of store orders. You can package all the best products related to Valentine’s Day and certain products into a blind box and sell them to customers at a discount.
(3) Highlight products for men and women separately and sell them in pairs
Highlighting the gifts that girls and guys expect to receive on Valentine’s Day separately in your website is a great way for sellers to increase sales of promotional products. Encourage customers to buy gifts for their loved ones by offering an exclusive discount to be used when buyers purchase a pair of products.
(4) Collaborate with influencers
Collaborate with influencers to build brand awareness and consumer trust by leveraging the influence of influencers. If you have Valentine’s Day promotions, you can also ask them to advertise so that these promotions are more widely known and attended by consumers.
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, Nihaojewelry will work alongside you to provide you with the highest quality wholesale Valentine’s Day products!