The upcoming 2020 will be a milestone in the 21st century. During the first 20 years of this century, people’s lives and ideas have undergone tremendous changes with the development of science, technology, and culture.
At the same time, the fashion world has also changed its trends. International issues and innovational technics have become hot topics of designs.
In this article, we will talk about how modern events affect next year’s jewelry trends. The following are 4 topics that may lead the trends of jewelry in 2020
1. Clean Energy
In the past, petroleum and coal were the cornerstones of world development, we enjoyed the convenience brought by industrial development, which also brought catastrophic consequences to nature (i.e., global warming).
In recent years, environmental and energy issues have become the focus of the world, and the voice for developing clean energy is getting higher like never before.
In the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, Japan will use hydrogen energy as one of the major energy sources to present the world an eco-friendly Olympic Games. The fashion industry is also close behind, taking clean energy as a key element in design consideration.
Inspired by the sea, the forest, the clouds and the sun, the following 4 colors will be the mainstreams under this topic
- Energy Blue – Calm & Powerful
- Biscay Green – Eco-friendly & Vigorous
- Optical White – Pure & Flawless
- Sunny Yellow – Vital & Love
To express the desire of people to live in harmony with nature, the following 2 soft and sleek design elements will become mainstream elements as well.
- Sport Line
- Flowing Liquid
Enamel – An ancient material made of natural minerals is the best representative of this idea
2. Plastic-free Coast
Plastic is a well-known material to all of us, in past decades it was certainly a major material in our society. The products made of plastic are tough, cheap, durable and mostly safe, but everything comes with a cost.
Plastic is difficult to degrade in the natural environment and it releases secondary pollutants if dealt by incineration. Sea creatures are victims of plastic waste.
To arouse people’s awareness of protecting the sea from the “white pollution”, artists shot short films about plastic pollution in seas and built small buildings with plastic waste to match this environmental topic, several colors were selected for jewelry design in 2020.
- Aquamarine – Clear aquamarine is reminiscent of the ocean
- Paradise Green – Natural sea plants are indispensable
- Amber Yellow – Mellow amber yellow is rather soothing
- Aegean Sea Pink – A gift from the pink beach of Aegean Sea
The sea is an artist itself, it breeds millions of types of fantastic creatures. We picked 2 most popular elements which we suggest you consider them in 2020’s jewelry design.
- Marine Creature
Pearl Oyster – This is the chosen one which no other material could compete with.Each piece comes with a unique texture, no doubt, this will become the hottest material in the jewelry industry next year.
As a new profession, cewebrity has achieved unprecedented development in recent years. Beside real KOLs, virtual KOLs who were created by artists using CGI and 3D technics have also attracted people’s attention.
Because there is no chance virtual KOLs could have scandals or unexpected accidents, they soon became the fashion world’s favorites.
Neon and colors which have high saturation are basic elements in the cyber world, therefore, the following 4 vibrant colors were specially selected for this topic .
- Twilight Blue – Asymmetric and unbalanced setting creates a visual impact
- Super Pink – The pink world covered with smoke is as covetable as the mirage
- Firefly Green – Energizing, breaking the boundary between real and unreal
- Sunrise Yellow – Eye-catching, attracting everyone’s attention in a sec
Nobody wants to go unrecognized, self-expression plays a key role in this topic, the following 2 elements were chosen to meet the trend .
- Ombre – Unique & complex
- Wood – The best expression method of true-self
Acrylic – As a modern material that is rich in color, it would be a perfect choice for 2020’s jewelry design for this topic
Until recent years, the two words “industry” and “emotion” were irrelevant to each other, however, with technical development, machines are now available to recognize people’s emotions, even respond to it.
Technical company Affectiva published an emotion monitoring software “AffectivaAI” which is embedded with pilot assistant systems in cars, could analyze drivers’ emotions from their faces to predict drivers’ actions or prevent accidents which may be caused by emotional factors. Alexa, a voice assistant from Amazon, could respond by analyzing the tone and volume of users’ commands.
“Industry” is an icy word, to give it a gentler, warmer feeling, the following 4 colors were selected as the mainstreams for this topic.
- Rust Red – Intense earth-tone gemstones show textures
- Industrial Khaki – Weaving, fringes, geometries team with gold for a delicate and
- warm touch
- Haze Gray – A twist on a traditional industrial color – metallic gray
- Infinity Blue – A combination of modern technics and nature
Inspired by old industrial elements, the following 2 elements are the best choices in jewelry design under this topic.
- Thick Chain – The combination of weaving, inlaying and clasps softens the traditional metallic chain looking.
- Geometry – A demonstration of the industrial advancement
- Wood – A material from mother nature as well as a key role in human’s history around the whole world, is a classic base with unlimited possibilities for jewelry design in 2020
Keeping up with the trend is the key to success, Nihao Jewelry is always here to help our customers boost up their jewelry sales! If this article gives you inspiration for your next year’s marketing plan, we would appreciate you sharing this article to your friends!